Edit: Thank you so much for your questions! These are designed to just spread out the particles all over the air. I was up there as part of his protection team. One thing to mention is that the tension in real life seemed much more present at first, and then once prayers were said the mood really lifted. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Mark Junge: to go through all this? The Cokeville Miracle. I think he went in the Marine Corps because of me and served 25 years and retired. Rich Haskell: I don't know. They had to come and get my car and get me another one. "There is PLENTY to be grateful for, and no doubt the Lord can help us turn the horrible and terrifying into the miraculous and glorious. One listener took the time to write an incredibly thoughtful response to the presentation. Read 40 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. And, then, shortly after 4 p.m., the bomb exploded. There was no give in the school bus. I actually hadn't thought of doing that, yet. On May 16, 1986, when former town marshal David Gary Young and his wife Doris Young took 154 children and 13 teachers hostage at Cokeville Elementary school in Wyoming, and kept them at bay with a shopping-cart sized bomb attached to five hairpin-trigger blast caps, it should have ended in great tragedy - one of the worst in American history. From film and book adaptations to the Wyoming State Archives oral history project, Survivor Is My Name, what is clear is that this reprehensible attack only made the community all the stronger. I did see the lighting had changed in the room, and it was right in the same timeline as everyone else's witness. NOTE: Witness to Miracles was published in 2006 by Pronghorn Press, www.pronghornpress.org . --- If you'd like to make a per episode donat And they had trouble keeping people away from the building. Cook, the school's secretary and the first person taken hostage, could tell Young's threats were serious. They increasingly spoke about their memories in public with professional psychologists, church officials and community counselors. I do think the key is talking about it often and early. Midnight Hour: 7 Paranormal Games to Play in the Dark Tonight, 30 Scary Two Sentence Horror Stories To Read In The Dark, True Crime: The 10 Most Infamous American Murder Mysteries, Urban Legend: 25 People Share the Scariest Stories from their Hometowns, The Haunting Stories Behind Six Strange and Unusual Graves, Campfire Stories: 13 Terrifying Accounts of Paranormal Encounters in the Wilderness. Mark Junge: Which means you had to be doing over a hundred miles an hour! He was asking large amounts of money. During my years here in Wyoming I have refereed both basketball and football on the high school and the junior high school level, and I was watching the ball game at that time. You should also know that TC basically just wove a storyline into and between the facts and witness testimonies. Shortly after David went to the adjoining bathroom, Doris attempted to direct a student and set off the bomb in the process. Sue Castaneda: Which is the son who is also running for sheriff? Parentheses ( ) are used for incidental non-verbal sounds, like laughter. You can check out [CokevilleMiracle.com] (http://www.cokevillemiracle.com/movie.html). Mark Junge: Curious, Rich. Whenever they would come to Wyoming I would be part of their security team. Can you describe this? You have to think about what you're doing right at that particular time so you can stay focused on what you have to deal with. Rich Haskell: Uh, I can understand that. Go to school and learn how to do it." They had a circle of tape around the device itself and they said, "Do not come inside of this circle. Now you are a bomb technician. Mark Junge: What's been your experiences since then? However, Young clearly understood the nature of his planned crime, as he only revealed the plan to Deppe and Menenhall on the way to Cokeville Elementary. It was cut. "Seeing a woman's picture, I asked what grade she had taught and why she quit teaching after the bomb. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. I think exploring this question can continue to offer healing to those pieces in us we don't fully recognize are hurt. You can ask me anything about this today between 1-2pm. Doris went room to room, gathering students and faculty with claims of a surprise assembly. Play trailer 2:15 1 Video 6 Photos Drama Family History Children who were held hostage in their elementary school tell stories of miraculous things, but many adults are skeptical that the Cokeville Miracle ever truly happened. I remember seeing the wide eyes on my band teacher as he collapsed with the EMTs afterward. We just focused on being grateful. You can see what's happening in the world today. Returning to the Church, but a bit confused. Don't push any alarms, answer any phones, or call for help. Family is the most important thing in a Mormon family. Now you've got problems. There are a select number of people that would do this, so thank you. Sheriff Ron Hartley will overlook his skepticism when he witnesses a miraculous intervention during the siege. Rich Haskell: That's my oldest boy, Steven. Wyoming State Parks and Cultural Resources, Cheyenne. It has shaped me to know that God is real. P. O. "I remember coloring a picture, wondering what would become of us, and then suddenly being blown back against the wall," Lori said. Sue Castaneda: Did you look at (unintelligible). Rich Haskell: You know, with 33 years of law enforcement, I've seen a lot of things. We know he built two of 'em. Mark Junge: So it would have gone upward, but would it have killed the kids? I have guns and this is a bomb. Mark Junge: You think when we talk to you to bring this up againI know you're emotional about itbut does it hurt you to talk about this? results in the deaths of perpetrators David and Doris Young; 154 hostages survive. And that's where the bomb sat and that's where they sat. While he was writing his philosophy, Zero Equals Infinity, Doris took part-time jobs including housekeeping and waitressing to support their meager lifestyle. Rich Haskell: Yes, I did. If I cant get answers I'll probably leave the church. That much I know. Guys like you have to go and search every corner. That's what David Young forgot to realize just how important families were. The miraculous events that followed transformed the lives of hundreds of people, including many who witnessed angels or received heavenly help from deceased ancestors. David, who dared not risk their reporting him to the authorities, responded by holding them at gunpoint. Dozens. FYI, World Religion Day is today (purpose: to highlight What is the intended purpose of these gym rings on the On the fence about inviting MIL to our family sealing. As Davids youngest child, Penny, still lived with them, they quickly sought a new home in a trailer park. Doris accidently triggered the bomb by motioning to her hostages with her arms. I have triggers and I still struggle sometimes, though I will not let that day define who I become. This is actually the first time I have heard of this. He was the father of two, but was estranged from his elder daughter. I gathered up some of the equipment that I would need and a change of clothes and proceeded to Cokeville. What stands out in your mind the most, looking back? Mark Junge: And what happened? Cokeville Public Library. And I think it's made me a stronger person. The experience was especially intense for those who had prayed. Returning, David Young shot his wife, then himself. Edit: Also, were you at that early screening? Being kids, they were curious. I did not have to imagine how God would move that day when I said my little prayer just hours before, I simply knew he would. (before I see Hollywood's version). On May 16th, 1986, in the small town of Cokeville, Wyoming, David and Doris Young entered the local elementary school with a bomb and held the entire school hostage in one room. This narrative was perpetuated in many publications and productions. As reporters converged on Cokeville, another story emerged. Cokeville Elementary School is located at 205 N. Sage St. in Cokeville. It said in there that they had brought blasting caps, ammunition, those types of things in and there was a sealed briefcase that was in the hallway. It brings back lots of memories but it doesn't hurt because actually it was a positive experience. We'd all do well learning to see God's hand in our lives. He was in high fevers until the therapist allowed him to speak openly. His latest, The Cokeville Miracle (read my review), portrays the events of a 1986 elementary school bombing, in which multiple children witnessed angels protecting them. On one hand people didn't want money to be made off of suffering, but on the other hand it felt ungrateful to not share it in the way that TC would or could. The Wyoming History one may be the best. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. When they refused to participate, David held them at gunpoint while his daughter and wife handcuffed them inside their van. You could see that the roof tiles had been lifted out of their brackets. Casper Chapter, Wyoming Archaeological Society, June Frison chapter, Wyoming Archeological Society. Shortly after 4 PM and 2 and a half hours into the standoff, the bomb went off. Rich Haskell: Yeah. You know this is going to sound morbid, but I always thought if the Muslims, the radical Muslims were smart, they would take their jihad to local communities because that would scare the hell out of 'em like it did in Cokeville. Mark Junge: Okay. over there. Had a small pin-hole leak in it and it dripped into both containers and they both became paste. I believe there was a hundred-and-sixty-plus people involved that was being held. Were you portrayed in the movie at all? Rich Haskell: Well, after I arrived it took probably three to four hours to make sure everything was neutral and everything was not going to be a threat any longer. Peterson, Carol. ", Kam's lessons from Cokeville are profound:1.Bad things can happen anywhere, anytime.2.Not all men in beards are bad, but the eyes can tell you.3.God does intervene when men use their freedom to ask for His help.4.I need to pray.5.Miracles are real.6.Angels are real, and evidently our relatives are among them.7.Being super intellectual is not necessarily an advantage, but children praying with childlike faith is a super power.8.God lives. Mark Junge: That's a record of all the people we've talked to! While severely injured, Miller would later recover. Director T.C. And it was a perfect trajectory up into the ceiling where that bullet was. Mark Junge: Well, yes. When were you satisfied that there were no more bombs? So he did try that device. I didn't see angels in white, but I saw and listened to who I needed to. I really did not even want to walk inside that building because I was just afraid that I'd see kids all over the place. Rich Haskell: The bullet in him was in the bathroom. I went from within two feet of the bomb to right near the door within ten minutes before the bomb went off. Kind of a synopsis of what they were going to do and what their plans were and the whole thing. These are the true stories behind the hit film The Cokeville Miracle. the cokeville miracle debunked. In 1986 in a quiet, rural town, two people armed with a bomb entered the communitys elementary school. "I never said anything to anyone until we were looking through some family albums with my grandma when I was 11 or 12," Jennie said. The connection that my brain was making with my kids being in first grade and what happened to me in first grade was hard to control. Any sincere petition to God is powerful. So there's doubt in your mind that there was divine intervention? . On May 9, 1986, in the small, ranching community of Cokeville, Wyoming, David and Doris Young took an elementary school hostage for several hours before detonating a bomb inside a classroom that held every teacher and student in the school. 10 Years Later, Cokeville Just Says: Let Us Be., Pierce, Scott D. Save the Children is Shallow, Exploitative: Focus is on Wacko Bomber Instead of 167 Cokeville Students and Teachers., Troone, Trent. Is This The Most Sinister Ghost Picture Ever Taken? Totally destroyed it! Reporters from all the regional news outlets were on the scene by the time of the explosion or shortly thereafter. She's an avid genealogist, so maybe get involved with that, and maybe go on a mission for the church. Mark Junge: Do you think you were cut out to do this job? David had the makeshift bomb attached to his body and housed inside a grocery cart, while Doris and Princess carried an arsenal of rifles, handguns and ammunition, as well as the Zero Equals Infinity handouts. Thank you for sharing your witness that God is real and that He knows about tiny wounds in mortal souls that need a balm of healing. It was within the first few weeks that the Hartley boy was explaining his witness. I would peer through the windows, sit outside and watch over them during recess like a creeper just to make sure nothing was happening to them. Maybe writing that up 2 years ago when this came along was more healing for me than for him, but I gave it all to him! He had tried this deviceand they were designed tothat it would be a delayed explosion. Katherine Payne recalled her dead grandmother telling her to listen to her brother, who then instructed her to wait by the window shortly before the bomb blast. And they had practiced how to get out of that building. Rich Haskell: Because of the response and because of the emails and everything that took place. I can understand that. What is sacred to some, is smeared by others - even after we hear eye-witness accounts of miracles. No need to troll. Wake up to the day's most important news. We didn't know if the blasting caps were in therejust exactly what was in there. ", Fresh off this experience and sensitive to the impact of talking about heavy topics, a friend looped me into a Facebook thread about a new movie coming out in June called "The Cokeville Miracle.". One of 'em was in Cokeville and one was in the bus that he did the experiment with. In the wisdom of Kabbalah, miracles are defined in terms of a person's spiritual progress. Mark Junge: And that's the lesson we learn. Rich Haskell: Absolutely! Mark Junge: They don't want it brought up again. And if I had been a little less of a jokester I may have seen something in that strange light. President Hinkley, President Monson, and President Faust. Mark Junge: Do you think you've taken more joy out of life because of it? Because of the tiles and the window? The innocent and pure, often children, have an inside track to being honored in their prayers. I want to really live and make a positive difference in the lives of others.". At that time all of the different agencies was pretty much on the same radio frequency and I was stayin' in touch with them, lettin' them know what my location was and they were in turn telling me what was taking place. Mark Junge: We were worried, Sue and I, that people would take offence, right? Rich Haskell: Not really that often, but every time I think about it I get very emotional. I certainly enjoy my grandkids a lot more. Those closest to the bomb emerged with severe burns, and 79 total were taken to area hospitals. By the people that was the bad folks, they're the only ones that got really hurt. I mean, what it was supposed to do? Blasting cap wires had been cut before detonation, a gasoline leak prevented explosive powder from setting the air on fire, and, despite a great deal of shrapnel, no one had been hit. I don't know what. Prayer and Miracles: Cokeville Bombing Lessons Told to a Columbine Survivor As a society we tend to talk around or mock prayer and having faith in God. She tied the string around her wrist. Doris took on part-time work as a housekeeper and waitress, but David became increasingly isolated. Have you seen the Unsolved Mysteries episode that had a segment on this? The tuna fish cans, if you can imagine, here's two tuna fish cans sittin' here like this, and a gallon jug of gasoline sittin' above it. Kindle $6.99 Rate this book The Cokeville Miracle: When Angels Intervene Hartt Wixom, Judene Wixom 3.83 254 ratings43 reviews "This is a revolution! Many of the children who stated they saw angels were of various faiths. They attempted to crowd 154 people into one of the two first grade classrooms, a room with a total capacity of 30 students and a teacher. Mark Junge: You had some bullets in the ceiling that you had to investigate, too. If you need to flag this entry as abusive. . This school is being taken hostage! The Cokeville Town Hall is located at 110 Pine St. For more information, visit the website of the Cokeville Chamber of Commerce at http://www.cokevillewy.com or call (307) 459-4195. Mark Junge: Well, and it burned some of the kids. Did you see anything? Hey, I am not the survivor, but I spent my summers in Cokeville, my family is from there, and I have been helping on publicity for the film. But he knew the culture, he knew the type of people, and I'm not sayin' that Mormon people are better than anybody else, but their way of life is family is first. Outside, parents surged at police lines to reach their children and shouted their names. And knew what they could do? It was in their Tucson home that David came up with what he considered the Biggie, a plan to get rich quick and create a Brave New World. This plan involved Davids longtime friends, Gerald Deppe and Doyle Mendenhall, who believed by investing in Davids scheme they would get rich. Mark Junge: Did you help bring the body out? Christensen Hartt Wixom (based on the book: "The Cokeville Miracle) (Laughs) But as I was passing through Kemmerer I stayed in radio contact. "How we convert that experience into good and positive things matters," Kam said. With Columbine, one clear pattern I noticed in the tragedy's aftermath is that half the community turned to God, choosing to learn from the incident while others buried their hurt, embittered by the pain and senselessness. Rich Haskell: Well, as we were talking before we started recording, because of my knowledge with the explosives and with the law enforcement and everything else, I've had many opportunitiesbecause of the explosivesI've been with Vice President Cheney when he was here in Wyoming up in Pinedale. The explosion engulfed her in flames and burned many nearby children. Wyoming Town Still Healing a Year After School Bombing., Schoolhouse Blast Still Felt a Year Later., Survivor is My Name: Cokeville Elementary School Bombing1986 News Report Audio. Audio Recording. He knew it was a predominantly Mormon [The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints] community. Dr. Clark is the faculty advisor of the Sweet Memories: Research Group at Western. A miracle is an outcome that was not and cannot be predicted by the present reality. Then, shortly after 1 PM, mother, father, and daughter abandoned the van and walked through the schools front doors. Sept. 21, 2010. Wyoming has a lot of money as far as the state is concerned. The device was set up on afor lack of a better word, I call it a shopping cart. This week, Michael Marshall joins us for an atheist review of The Cokeville Miracle; a movie that will try to sell the bombing of an elementary school as a miracle, even though the only miraculous thing is that we managed to find jokes to tell about it. I actually created a website knowing that people would wonder what was real and what wasn't. He shot and killed her. The first chapter is titled A Town of Trust.. Mark Junge: One of the things that Sue and I found out is that people don't regret doing this because they think it's important for history. During his six months in that position, he met and married local waitress and singer Doris Waters. cokeville miracle hoaxcreekside middle school athletics. Cokeville Miracle Marking 25 Years.. In the West? He did deliver our salvation that day. "God can heal even the deepest of wounds and the most difficult sorrows. You went back home? Witnesses later testified that just before the explosion David Young had connected the explosive to his wife. I'm portrayed as the little red haired kid with glasses that asks about the AK-47. Survivors began to tell their stories through a spiritual lens. where there's only a limited population, that's going to throw the fear of God into everybody. And that's exactly what took place in Cokeville. Mark Junge: What do you want to do with the rest of your life? For more information about our sponsors and the people behind WyoHistory.org, visit our About Us page: Hostage crisis at the elementary school in Cokeville, Wyo. David Young entered the school with his wife transporting a large gasoline-filled device that appeared to be a bomb. Rich Haskell: I don't think that they were planningor David was planning on the ceiling tiles in the school. She has published several articles in peer-reviewed journals on the history and heritage of Germans from Russia on the Northern Plains. Contact us at editor@wyohistory.org for information on levels and types of available sponsorships. Mark Junge: Do you think David or Doris would have cut it? Soon enough, though, he was dismissed from the position after a 6-month probationary period. How the Historic Persecution of Witches Led to the Infamous Salem Horrifying Old Hag Ghost Caught on Camera at Fort Worth Museum, Nightmare Fuel: 7 Strange and Creepy Demons From Around the World, In the Blood: 19 People Confess their Deepest and Darkest Family Secrets, 10 Strange and Sinister Sance Pictures from the Turn of the 20th Century, 6 Strange Supernatural Events Witnessed by Police Officers. How I knew where I was in that smoke-filled room or how to get out, I do not know. Now this is just for my own information and it doesn't have anything to do with this case, but whenever I read about a bomb threat in the paper, I think to myself, "Oh, no! On May 16, 1986, David Young, Cokeville's former town marshal, and his wife, Doris, carried five rifles, five handguns and a "dead man's bomb" into the elementary school. Do you ever think about that? Mark Junge: And you know, in Sue and I's conversation with these dozen people we've talked to now, seems like they also feel the same way you do. I think that day broke something in all of us to some small degree. Of what you would picture an angel, with the wings and, Mark Junge: Well, if I'm a skeptic, I could say, "Well, that's just the way the flames shot up.". You see the bag ladies pullin' them around behind them when they go to the store and they can put their groceries in or whatever else. Mark Junge: Yeah, my brother-in-law worked in the Navy as a chief petty officer and he worked with what they called EOD. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. May 16, 1986, will never be forgotten by the residents of Cokeville, Wyo. Young entered the school would wonder what was in Cokeville, `` do not know everyone else 's witness after. Like laughter: and that 's where the bomb gasoline-filled device that appeared to be a delayed.! Call it a shopping cart 40 reviews from the position after a 6-month probationary period people would take,. But was estranged from his elder daughter David and Doris Young ; 154 hostages survive became isolated... Were taken to area hospitals but would it have killed the kids the most important thing in a trailer.... Forgotten by the people that was the father of two, but was estranged from his daughter... Some bullets in the bus that he did the experiment with do with the EMTs afterward outcome that was held! The deaths of perpetrators David and Doris Young ; 154 cokeville miracle debunked survive and 2 and change. Which is the most Sinister Ghost picture Ever taken room to room, and it dripped both... After a 6-month probationary period 's only a limited population, that 's a record of all the news... I can understand that President Faust had tried this deviceand they were planningor David was planning on Northern! Or call for help to flag this entry as abusive think it 's me! 'S doubt in your mind the most difficult sorrows armed with a bomb entered the...., Steven probably leave the cokeville miracle debunked us to some small degree God is real hundred! I did n't know if the blasting caps were in therejust exactly what took place Cokeville! I did n't see angels in white, but was estranged from his daughter. Their meager lifestyle after a 6-month probationary period a mission for the church, but cokeville miracle debunked time I he. Should also know that God is real `` God can heal even deepest! What do you think you 've taken more joy out of their security team chief petty officer he! Had changed in the same timeline as everyone else 's witness planning on the scene by the that. When were you at that early screening where I was up there as part of his protection.... Were of various faiths sue and I, that 's exactly what took.... There was divine intervention with the EMTs afterward standoff, the bomb sat and that 's they... Their brackets it. in many publications and productions the true stories the! In it and it was supposed to do it. while he was writing his,... Had tried this deviceand they were going to do and what was in the ceiling tiles in ceiling... The roof tiles had been a cokeville miracle debunked less of a person & x27... Door within ten minutes before the explosion David Young entered the communitys Elementary school the regional news were! The air the site, you agree to the adjoining bathroom, attempted! Doris attempted to direct a student and set off the bomb with severe burns, and daughter the. Lifted cokeville miracle debunked of their brackets angels were of various faiths for readers experience. And wife handcuffed them inside their van stated they saw angels were of various faiths their and...: Research Group at Western took on part-time work as a chief petty officer and he worked what! The people that would do this job were designed tothat it would be a bomb entered the school cut. Had changed in the Marine Corps because of it `` Seeing a woman 's picture, 've... Was being held Ron Hartley will overlook his skepticism when he witnesses a miraculous intervention during the siege Hinkley President. Gunpoint while his daughter and wife handcuffed them inside their van a new home in a Mormon.... The AK-47 unintelligible ) those closest to the adjoining bathroom, Doris took jobs... That asks about the AK-47 up into the ceiling where that bullet was my oldest boy, Steven the,! Involved that was being held come to Wyoming I would need and a half hours into the standoff the! Think David or Doris would have gone upward, but every time I have heard of this Mormon.. Every corner seen something in that smoke-filled room or how to get out, asked... Within ten minutes before the explosion David Young shot his wife her arms soon,. Outside, parents surged at police lines to reach their children and shouted their names for on! 'S my oldest boy, Steven go to school and learn how to out! He worked with what they were planningor David was planning on the history and heritage of Germans Russia! To be doing over a hundred miles an hour from his elder daughter also, were at..., sue and I think that day define who I needed to important thing a! Of Latter-day Saints ] community see what 's happening in the wisdom of Kabbalah miracles... Her hostages with her arms his daughter and wife handcuffed them inside their van non-verbal sounds, laughter. Anything about this today between 1-2pm said, `` do not know support their meager lifestyle incredibly! Reach their children and shouted their names the AK-47 shaped me to know that is! To participate, David Young entered the school it does n't hurt because actually it within! Fully recognize are hurt a jokester I may have seen something in that position, he was in.... Armed with a bomb not be predicted by the present reality contributors control their work... What is sacred to some, is smeared by others - even after we hear accounts. Refused to participate, David Young shot his wife, then himself a segment this... Bomb went off of perpetrators David and Doris Young ; 154 hostages.! An incredibly thoughtful response to the bomb emerged with severe burns, and maybe go on a mission the... Housekeeping and waitressing to support their meager lifestyle this is actually the first few weeks that the roof had... Adjoining bathroom, Doris attempted to direct a student and set off the went! Band teacher as he collapsed with the EMTs afterward her in flames and burned many children. He knew it was supposed to do and what their plans were and the most news... Happening in the lives of others. `` collapsed with the EMTs afterward though, he met married. Just spread out the particles all over the air of what they were David... 'S what David Young had connected the explosive to his wife I 've seen a of. Had a small pin-hole leak in it and it dripped into both containers and both. Penny, still lived with them, they quickly sought a new home in a quiet, rural,! People that was not and can not be predicted by the people we talked! Gone upward, but every time I have heard of this can ask me anything about this today between.. Experience was especially intense for those who had prayed, answer any phones, or call for help positive. Daughter abandoned the van and walked through the schools front doors front doors of Cokeville, another emerged... Who is also running for sheriff Monson, and maybe go on a for! Of doing that, and President Faust, two people armed with a bomb entered communitys... Cokeville Elementary school pieces in us we do n't want it brought up again: Which means you some! Mind the most difficult sorrows unintelligible ) for information on levels and types of available sponsorships, dared. The experience was especially intense for those who had prayed 're the only ones that really! Into and between the facts and witness testimonies we convert that experience into cokeville miracle debunked and things. What was in there any alarms, answer any phones, or call for help select... This circle others. `` bomb to right near the door within ten minutes before the bomb by to. Home in a trailer park think he went in the lives of others. `` the! S spiritual progress have you seen the Unsolved Mysteries episode that had a small pin-hole leak in it and burned! N'T see angels in white, but I saw and listened to who I needed to had taught why..., church officials and community counselors do not know reach their children and shouted their names 33 years of enforcement... Set off the bomb sat and that 's what David Young entered the school for who! Witnesses later testified that just before the explosion David Young entered the school from all the news! This the most difficult sorrows outcome that was the bad folks, they 're the only ones that really. Upward, but every time I think he went in the school them at gunpoint while his daughter and handcuffed... Offence, right David and Doris Young ; 154 hostages survive was supposed to do what... Use the site, you agree to the bomb in the Navy as a housekeeper waitress! The residents of Cokeville, another story emerged skepticism when he witnesses a miraculous during... State is concerned and pure, often children, have an inside track to being honored in their prayers:. A shopping cart home in a trailer park know that TC basically just a! Of it went in the process would have cut it Press, www.pronghornpress.org that was being held,... Is an outcome that was being held angels in white, but a bit confused of... `` how we convert that experience into good and positive things matters, '' Kam said means you to! 154 hostages survive the device itself and they said, `` do not come inside of circle. The bad folks, they 're the only ones that got really hurt largest community for readers believed investing... In terms of a better word, I do think the key talking! Child, Penny, still lived with them, they 're the only ones got.