For years together, we have been addressing the demands of people in and around Noida. Get interior and exterior metal surfaces ready for a fresh coat of paint with this rust remover treatment. I would advise you to refrain from using Ospho over Rustoleum. The adhesion wont be 100% strong, and Ospho cant be used as a top coat because it doesnt look great. Vending Services (Noida)Shop 8, Hans Plaza (Bhaktwar Mkt. Registered. You can have multiple cup of coffee with the help of these machines.We offer high-quality products at the rate which you can afford. I want to Ospho Product Features Easily cleans away dirt, corrosion, rust or paint. It works as a primer. RUSTED METAL OSPHO is a rust inhibiting coating-NOT A PAINT. if (ry==0) The car has original paint and of course a good part of its life it has been outdoors. If you use this, I would spray over a 100 150 grit sanded surface. The car is always in the garage now. I bought a gallon of Ospho and was going to apply it shortly after blasting and have him come back to paint 24 hours later. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. J. OSPHO is easily effective for exterior and interior work alike. Flush with water, avoiding damage to adjacent areas; or wipe to a smooth finish, let dry, then paint. To neutralize the Ospho MUST be wet, so if To neutralize the Ospho MUST be wet, so if dry, re-wet with itself and let set one or two minutes and with a clean rag and water, wipe off like washing the car and then dry. Here also, we are willing to provide you with the support that you need. You can apply Ospho on to galvanize and aluminum and paint will stick and stay also.. Agree with above, I've had good luck with ospho (and naval jelly). Ospho, as mentioned earlier, is one of the best rust treatments. Any advise would be appreciated! After some more research you might find that the product 'best use' instructions do not predict a "yes or no" scenario, but rather a scale of time where the results are less and less predictable. myimages[2]="../../../images/top-banner/BladesFreeShip.jpg" The problem that arose is that where Ospho has contacted painted areas (some non-original rattle can stuff too) there is a tacky residue that does not completely dry. Does Ospho Need to Be Complemented with Another Rust Treatment? You dont need to sand the surface. if your at home do one section at a time It is with the use of Ospho rust treatment. Its Alright but it needs a top coat to protect it. Check out AMD Metal Direct. Before applying, use a wire brush or wire wheel to remove loose paint, rust scales, dirt, oil, and anything else accumulated on the surface. Dolphin glaze is another brand that I use for scratches, nicks and chips in body parts or body filler. var imagelinks2=new Array() Once the vehicle, whatever it is, is media blasted, it won't really take that long to sand it with a DA using 80 grit to prep it for Epoxy. Dave Two 1994 Whitfield Advantage II stoves, purchased in pieces. A forum community dedicated to hot rod owners and enthusiasts. Whats the best way to neutralize an ospho? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. After the Rust Converter has completely dry, it is recommended to wipe the surface with a damp cloth to remove all excess Rust Converter before you apply the oil-based paint. don't use Ospho (search the knowledge base)it's a last resort "try" to slow rust on parts that can't be blasted/sanded etc (inside "A" pillars?). */ Once the surface is dry, you can paint over it. Next, then da car with 80 grit, clean with 700-1 wax and grease remover, let set an hour and coat with an epoxy. var myimages2=new Array() You already know how simple it is to make coffee or tea from these premixes. Wash the ospho treated panel with a 3m scrub pad& lacquer thinner off & then dry. If you are referring to black flakes from the paint on the frame, I would make sure it is dry and spray with a quality paint. After 6 years our cast iron keel shows no sign of rust through. While a part of the package is offered free of cost, the rest of the premix, you can buy at a throwaway price. I figured any rust missed by the sandblasting was converted by the ospho. Now that you have figured out that its okay to paint Rustoleum over Ospho, how about vice versa? I have never used it but they assured me that you can paint over it. First, you will be going against the manufacturers recommendations. Before applying, use a wire brush or wire wheel to remove loose paint, rust scales, dirt, oil, and anything else accumulated on the Once the surface is dry, you can paint over it. Do you need to paint over Ospho? i think you can spray and wipe off. RUSTED METAL OSPHO is a rust inhibiting coating-NOT A PAINT. Restores the look of metal surfaces to factory smoothness with no sanding required! We'll see. Phosphoric acid converts iron oxide to iron phosphate and stops further rusting. Over 200+ free JavaScripts here! Symptoms/injuries : The vapour causes slight irritations in eyes, throat and skin. #2. According to SPI sanding wont work, you have to neutralize the Ospho. Do not know Ospho, nor have I used the Sea Hawk products. wipe it down to remove the loosend rust, then spray it Saved many inboard/outboard boat parts using this stuff. What Else Might I Use To Seal The Metal For A Couple Of Weeks Until I Can Applyan Epoxy Primer?? myimages[3]="../../../images/top-banner/wm-40-years.jpg" Applications and more. //specify random images below. Similarly, if you seek to install the Tea Coffee Machines, you will not only get quality tested equipment, at a rate which you can afford, but you will also get a chosen assortment of coffee powders and tea bags. function random_imglink2(){ Even though Ospho looks hideous once it has cured on the rusted metal, it can be painted, and thats where Rustoleum comes in. Most importantly, they help you churn out several cups of tea, or coffee, just with a few clicks of the button. Rust Converter should only be applied to the rusted areas, not the whole surface. I think it's called "analysis paralysis". For best results, use OSPHO at temperatures no lower than 36. Only after this period has lapsed, then can you spray Rustoleum. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I hired an outfit to sand blast my cast iron keel and apply an epoxy barrier coat. What Types of Paint Can You Use Over Ospho? Are Running Boards Universal? When I did above it created a thick translucent film on the part. on Chainsaws, Started by Homer CLEANING AND ETCHING METAL OSPHO can be used to clean and etch Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metals by simply applying a thin coat. Yes, you can paint Rustoleum over Ospho. var ry=Math.floor(Math.random()*myimages.length) Do you need to paint over Ospho? Sanding is crucial in promoting adhesion and getting rid of rust from metal. All Right Reserved. My pet car I have stashed is a 73 Dodge Challenger Raylle 340 4-speed. You have to remember Ospho is clean up with water. High alkaline pH levels clean away dirt and old wax buildups Ospho is good stuff. Have been using this for 40+ years for auto restoration. Dont do it! The argument is why you should use your money and time to spray two rust treatments. It all depends on the quality of finish you would like to get. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. We are proud to offer the biggest range of coffee machines from all the leading brands of this industry. I'd try applying a coat now to keep the rust from starting, then hit it again a few hours before coating. As for lawnmowers or metal parts that dont require attention, you can usespray cans or any paint you can get your hands on. Come join the discussion about restoration, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! I did my radius arms using ospho/prep and etch. Spraying Rustoleum over Ospho is pretty straightforward. Ospho.com Home Directions for Use Data Shipping Data Quick Quote Contact us SDS. It is not to the point of cutting out rusted areas. Spray primer and then Rustoleum. Location: South end of the Cariboo Plateau. var ry=Math.floor(Math.random()*myimages2.length) Sanding off primer and old rust treatment reveals solid metal underneath. Its important to note that Ospho is a rust inhibitor coating and not paint. Longer dry times may occur depending on temperature, humidity, and over-application of product. Theres no need to remove old paint off a cement floor before painting with epoxy paints. This makes painting the floor considerably less troublesome and safer than painting bare cement. Instead of using acid to etch the surface, youll only have to sand lightly. Should't need the 80 or hundred with the OSPHO. The best rust remover The best overall: Evapo-Rust The Original Super Safe Rust Remover. It's great stuff. I am soon to be at that same point with my F1. As long as you use a primer, there is no need for sanding over Ospho. At any rate, the way I personally use Ospho is simple. I understand your concern. spray on the acid, work the areas with medium or heavy scuff pad. Can a point of use water heater be used for a shower? I am just here to clarify the purpose of using both Rustoleum and Ospho. As a host, you should also make arrangement for water. Same for most senders and plastics. I Have Been Told That Ospho And Epoxy Primers May Have A Chemical Reaction Resulting In Proplems. Sands great by dry or wet sanding. Can you paint over super glue? yes, super glue is a good choice and will hold so much so that the plastic will give way before the glue does. I recommend gorilla super glue as do others. You should be priming the miniature before painting anyway which will cover up any of the residue. But it will not effect the paint. As to the minor rust coming through previously treated areas, that's an indication that it is NOT surface rust, but rusting from the inside, out. If the metal piece has been treated with Ospho and you want to paint Rustoleum over it, here is how you can go about it. Besides being a rust treatment, Ospho also prevents the future development of rust on the metal. Without further ado, here are our top choices for the best rust converters. Regarding painting over Ospho, you can use any other type of paint you want over this rust treatment. var imagelinks=new Array() Is Ospho a rust converter? going away in seconds. The machines that we sell or offer on rent are equipped with advanced features; as a result, making coffee turns out to be more convenient, than before. Its advisable not to rush this project. Anybody ever not rinse off the Ospho and prime over it? Brush off any loose powder and wipe down with Mineral Spirits before painting. I have used Ospho, on autos. I'm not worried about the time it sits as directions say a minimum of 24 hours before painting. All it takes is a pass with a soft cloth dampened with a homemade degreasing solutionfour teaspoons liquid dish soap mixed in one gallon of warm waterfollowed by a rinse using a water-dampened rag. That is why most people consider painting it over Osphos dull finish. You may be interested in installing the Tata coffee machine, in that case, we will provide you with free coffee powders of the similar brand. Yes, Ospho can damage paint because it is 75% Phosphoric acid. //-->,