iron will vs bishop broadheads

The one time I had a tip fold a tiny bit after hitting some gravely soil (after going through a shoulder blade) they replaced the blade no questions asked. VPA, kudu, cutthroat, or Simmons if you like to resharpen and reuse. Engineered in conjunction with Aron Snyder, ferrules on Snyder Core broadheads sit deeper in micro diameter arrow shafts to bolster their impact strength. For maximum impact strength, Iron Wills patented blade geometry includes a Tanto Tip on the end of each broadhead. US Patent 10,054,409. In a previous test, I used 22-gauge steel. The cut on contact Tanto tip works best to ensure the piercing strength is maintained on top. I emailed IW and asked for them to make a larger bleeder. We added a single bevel bleeder (optional) which assists in this rotation, opens up holes, and increases the total tissue sliced. Now get your gears on, get out, and enjoy your new hunting success with the Iron Will Broadheads. It is over three times stronger than any standard aluminum used in other broadhead ferrules. 5. The Muzzy bounced off and it had the most significant damage by far. Besides being made using the strong A2 tool steel, the Iron Will Broadhead is triple heat-tempered and cryogenically tempered to make it incredibly hard. Its angle changes when nearing the tip where the edge curves inwards to aid the tips easier sharpening, making it sharp enough for faster penetration. ABOVE: SAD FACE of another hunter who let this awesome buck slip right through his fingersFound competitor's 18-22 degree double-bevel shaving sharp commercialized pro-shop supposed "tough as nails" super duper split a hair in half sharp bevel design failing to cut inside body cavity and lodged inside the neckpathetically growing into the hide of this buck. You will easily distinguish it from other broadheads in the market just from the face value. Shoot the qad since youre comfortable with them and happy with them. The Allen broadhead did not fare so well in the steel plate test. Closing the list in the Iron Will S Series Broadheads family, the s225 is a force to reckon with in the hunting arena. When shot against 16-gauge steel, the Iron Will Broadhead will give you the results you expect from a durable and robust broadhead. https://staysharpguide.com or @Innovative Outdoorsman They make excellent broadhead sharpeners. Using more strokes is recommended as opposed to using more pressure. bishoparchery.com 600 Grain SM. Eight weight options so hunters can achieve their desired front of arrow mass. Iron Will vs Cutthroat broadheads. I find the Iron Wills and Exxodus to fly very close and very accurate. The tips are in good shape, but the blades got pretty jacked up. In the cardboard penetration test, the tip of the Iron Will Wide Solid penetrated through the 51, I got to shoot these out to a hundred yards, other fixed blades Ive tested on the steel plate, with the exception of the Bishop Holy Trinity, Pin-point accuracy | How nock tuning your arrows can be a game-changer. Its condition is judged 1-10 \u0026 weighted to 5% of the score. The vented iw are way louder. Iron Will's committed to engineering the highest quality . Its hard to find many reviews on them. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, Crossbow Forum - General Crossbow Discussion. (Broadheads) Iron Will, Slick Trick, Exodus. A vented blade makes this our most forgiving broadhead for excellent long-range flight. 200 GRAIN PROPRIETARY BISHOP S72/58 TOOL STEEL SCIENTIFIC METHOD, 315 GRAIN PROPRIETARY BISHOP S72/58 TOOL STEEL SCIENTIFIC METHOD, BACK IN STOCK!!! IRON WILL vs SILVER FLAME 38,013 views May 30, 2019 415 Dislike Share Save Lusk Archery Adventures 28K subscribers https://www.ironwilloutfitters.com/fi. I put a file to it and it was be right back to normal. This aligns the arrows momentum to drive through the animal instead of flexing and displacing momentum sideways. The 175 grains weight is something you will love when you want deeper penetration from far off distances. Have both in my quiver. But for the money Magnus stingers do everything I need em to. I shoot Iron Will S125s. All arrows make noise if they have vanes on themregardless of type of head. (2/2pts each)5. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. But I'm only shooting a 473 +/- gr arrow at a whopping 240-245fps. I was amazed at the force of impact even with these relatively light arrows, that they would put such a dent in this 1/8 inch flat bar. I dare you to dry fire your bow with a mature deer standing 30 yards away and see the reaction. 100 GRAIN VENTED PROPRIETARY BISHOP S7 TOOL STEEL #HOLYTRINITY. Jul 6, 2021 #7 justin davis Well Known Rokslider Joined Feb 24, 2012 Messages 4,118 Location Colorado 1. 2023 Iron Will Outfitters Tough, Smooth, and Reliable. This accounts for 2% of the score. Just by having a glimpse at the Iron Will Broadheads when they arrive, you will certainly fall in love with their firm and steady blades that screams quality. Do not fear to make the one-time investment that comes with long-term success. Matrix Bulldog-Bishop Archery 600gr/850gr total Cinder Block 30 yrds. Repeat the same process for the bleeder blades until you have all the blades sharp and ready for precision. The blade edges are super sharp that you could easily shave off your hair with them when they arrive. After going through the cinder block, the head is in really the same condition it was after going through the tiles. Slide the bleeding blades sideways from the barrel to completely disassemble the package. Anderson, SC, 2023 N1 Outdoors. JavaScript is disabled. (7.5\"=7.5 pts each) Pen Test 2: Layered cardboard. Iron Wills fly best for me.Exodus just OK.Well not 'OK',they fly good but not like Iron Wills.My quiver holds Iron Wills and Atacs for elk. Maybe I should upload an audio track of how noisy cutthroats are compared to the solid IW. The steel blades are not only strong but durable enough to sustain the pressure of hard impacts. I've been looking at the Exodus hard, but I think I'm going to need to stick to a single bevel(Kudupoints) or a double bevel with bleeders(Stinger Buzzcut)for my setup. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. There are some nicks in the blades. Grade 5 Titanium (for lighter heads) and hardened stainless steel (for heavier heads) ensures the broadhead stands firmly aligned with the arrow at impact. Blades (20%, 17.85, 18.25, pts) Initial sharpness (9%: 150 grs=10/10=9 pts; 125 grs=10/10=9pts ) \u0026 Edge Retention (9%: +75 grs=8.5/10=7.65pts +125 grs=8.5/10=7.65 pts) are measured using the Edge On Up Sharpness Tester. It is pointless investing in expensive bows and arrows and forgoing one of the most important aspects of your hunting. ANSWER: Yes, the Centric system is designed to be one piece once installed. These are serious hunting tools, developed for the archer who craves meticulous, fine-tuned, deadly hunting implements. 100 GRAIN VENTED PROPRIETARY PIPELINE SR STAINLESS STEEL #HOLYTRINITY, BACK IN STOCK!!! But the Bishop heads are another story. The Sad Face Hunter above had to go back to the pro-shop and get out his wallet again to buy more "tough" over the counter face shaver stamped broadheadswhile the hunter below harvested this awesome buck that was walking around with the Sad Face Hunter's over the counter stamped broadhead grown into his hide. For those of you that have compared first hand to an Iron Will do you see a noticeable amount of penetration gain compared to the Exodus? Iron Will's Single Bevel Broadheads are engineered to maintain the arrow's rotational spin through impact, resulting in a bone splitting effect and more tissue damage throughout the animal. Bill V - Iron Will 21-Nov-18 Iron Will Broadheads When it comes to once-in-a-lifetime shots, you can't leave anything to chance. Is a treestand considered behind cover? 4-Blade Right Wing Bevel Screw-In Broadheads, 3-pack . Precision engineered with high impact-strength materials for superb flight and maximum penetration from modern high-speed crossbows. For extensive entry and exit holes and flowing blood trails. How long does it take to get arrows? All killed deer too. Known for their supremely quiet flight, long-range accuracy and hard-hitting penetration on the toughest of game, Iron Will S Series Broadheads are precision engineered to be as reliable as science allows for once-in-a-lifetime hunts. AS ARROW COULD COME BACK AT YOU AND KILL YOU!!! Iron Will has a tanto tip, which is pretty tough to keep sharpen even on both sides. I had heard its the same size as the Viper Trick bleeder, it is in fact smaller. Please be advised that we are experiencing a high volume of demand and are doing our best to keep up with orders. (1.063\" = 2.98 pts)3. The quantity and quality of game my clients work their butts off to harvest, along with their hardcore bowhunting skill-sets never ceases to amaze and humble me. hit me up with an email in the contact form if you have any questions. It penetrates the steel plate well enough with just a few fractures on the blade. The Pipeline and the Bridgeport after the steel flat bar test. (3 pts each) Steel plate \u0026 concrete are certainly not \"realistic\" mediums, but they do reveal the outer limits of a head's durability. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. 100-250 Grains.062" Thick A2 Tool Steel BladesCryogenically Treated and Triple Tempered to 60 HRC Hardness1 1/16" Main Blade 3/4" Bleeder Blade Hardened FerrulesUS Patent 10,054,409. However, the standard one, s100, still works perfectly well, and you will enjoy its services in an extended period. The max score of a Mech is 20 \u0026 the max score of a Fixed is 16. Add that to the warranty and they're worth the $$$. Next year or elk tag I get I will spend the money on the Iron Will's. The blades are sharp and dangerous when handled carelessly. Your claiming you can hear an arrow in flight from the leading edge? As bow hunters, we have to make the most of every shot opportunity. Best Broadheads for Elk: A Complete Buyers Guide. Known for their supremely quiet flight, long-range accuracy and hard-hitting penetration on the toughest of game, Iron Will S Series Broadheads are precision engineered to be as reliable as science allows for once-in-a-lifetime hunts. (4.75 pts each) If a head survives that, it is then shot into concrete once. The tip was completely broken off. Penetration (20%: 18.24 pts each) There are 3 penetration tests: Pen Test 1: 1/2\" MDF, 2/3\" rubber foam mat, Clear Ballistics FBI gel. Iron Will Broadheads. This helps in pushing your broadhead much deeper to bring down the game easily and faster. The entrance cut, total cut, \u0026 width of the cut (a crucial variable for bloodletting) are all scored: The entrance cut size is compared to a standard of 2.5\" then that fraction is weighted to 7% of the score. cuttroats are noisy was enough for me to get rid of em, I love the IW heads, and picked up a pack of the cutthroat 250 grain heads, I'm a couple years out from a, cape Buffalo hunt and so far cutthroat, IW and bishop heads are on the list. The guys that import their heads from China for pennies on the dollar and package them here and then call them Made in USA have more than 28 warranty claims everyday. These heads have gone through like the half inch plywood and then the 22-gauge metal plate and then into center block, and now theyve gone smacked up into a 1/8 inch flat bar of steel. Swarovski ATC 17-40x56mm Spotting Scope Review. I am currently shooting QAD Exodus. I next shot the heads through a .22-gauge steel plate. They are six in total with slight variations that make each of them stand out in their ways. For the best way to sharpen, see this vid: https://youtu.be/KgWEojYuYfw and also this vidhttps://youtu.be/Mz_qnE8EDLMHere is summary of my 2022 Testing Procedure \u0026 Scoring w/ the scores of each head as well. Most serious knife makers I know agree that A2 tool steel is the best compromise between hardness, durability (resistance to chipping) and ability to resharpen when needed. They are the sharpest and most durable I have ever used.. The steel used in making the blade is double the thickness of the steel blades you will find popularly on sale in the market. Bishops are a onetime investment and are cheaper over time than Rage and all other brands of replaceable blade through solid machined broadheads combinedAnimal After Animal = After Animal = After Animal = After Animal = Passthrough After Passthrough = Decade After Decade=>. Helix 2 Blade Broadhead Right Wing $79.95 Hunor Huba Broadhead $59.95 G5 Striker $69.95 QAD Exodus Full Broadhead $69.95 QAD Exodus Swept Broadhead $69.95 Northern Broadheads 2 Blade $50.00 G5 Montec CS 3 Blade Broadhead 100gr. Even from 100 yards distance, it will still penetrate deeper into the skin. This ensures it withstands and pierces any form of skin out there easily and sinks deeper faster for a quick kill. (1.813\" = 5.08pts) The max cut size is compared to a standard of 2.5\" as well, then that fraction is is weighted to 7% of the score. You can bring down almost any size of the animal in the wild. To assemble the broadhead, you will first slide the bleeder blade into the ferrules small slot into the center until it lines up with the long slot through the ferrule. That was a really interesting test into the center block. Its A2 tool steel blades are an essential part of their success story as they enable it to maintain toughness even in high impact scenarios and still maintain their sharp edges. So when you're at full draw on the hunt of a lifetime, you can count on your equipment to finish the job. The biggest difference is penetration, blade steel, and rust resistance. Engineered to maintain the arrow's rotational spin through impact, resulting in a bone splitting effect and more tissue damage throughout the animal. But from the leading edge? Iron Will SINGLE BEVELS Broadhead Test 31,487 views Jan 12, 2021 597 Dislike Share Lusk Archery Adventures 26.5K subscribers Iron Will just came out with new single bevel heads.one with. debating on which one to pick up for my compound bow. Anyone shoot both of these? You will undoubtedly love the package the broadheads come in. Iron Will's committed to engineering the highest quality broadheads, arrow components, and ultralight knives. 500 GRAIN PROPRIETARY BISHOP S72/58 TOOL STEEL 1.5 INCH CUT #BLOODFLOODZ 3 DG, 200 GRAIN NON-VENTED PROPRIETARY PIPELINE SR STAINLESS STEEL SCIENTIFIC METHOD, 200 GRAIN NON-VENTED PROPRIETARY BRIDGEPORT 41L40 TOOL STEEL #HOLYTRINITY, SOLD OUT - PRE-ORDER ONLY (JUNE 2023 EXPECTED SHIP DATE) 200 GRAIN PROPRIETARY BISHOP S7 TOOL STEEL HOLYTRINITY, BACK IN STOCK!!! Magnus is a great head in the same design and will do everything you need it to do. I shoot outdoors so I don't hear a peep out of a cutthroat. The Iron Will broadhead, coupled with the archery skills that you have worked on all those years. The tip is actually broken off and each of the blades broke off. Just shot a bear with the iron wills and the penetration was awesome. Hunting Mule Deer: Theres an App for That! S35V steel is a knife blade and designed for different purposes. Ive taken a handful of deer with the IW 125 wides. As bow hunters, we have to make the most of every shot opportunity. It is easier for a head to make it to the 100gr weight if aluminum or titanium are used. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Our Associate portal can be found here. Sharpened back bevels deliver your trophy with maximum internal hemorrhaging for great blood trails. JavaScript is disabled. The blades are made of durable steel to ensure that they remain resilient against any hard surface and retain their sharp edges even after piercing through the wilds most robust skins. Accuracy for Iron Will Broadhead means quick and fast hits towards targets that are as far as 100 yards from your shot emission point. The support I receive from them has helped me improve my channelI also have some Broadhead Discount Codes I can share:SEVR: LUSKFIVE saves you $5 on any order \u0026 can be used on top of any online sales. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. The tip is actually in good shape. The only noise my cutthroats make is going into the animal. The broadhead lies flat in the box on a felt background. ABOVE: SAD FACE of another hunter who let this awesome buck slip right through his fingers 150 GRAIN PROPRIETARY BISHOP S72/58 TOOL STEEL HOLYTRINITY, 150 GRAIN PROPRIETARY BISHOP S72/58 TOOL STEEL SCIENTIFIC METHOD, BACK IN STOCK!!! Its lightweight nature helps in giving the arrow a naturally easy and fast flight towards the target. Remember, what is at the end of an arrow is one of the most important pieces of your hunting gear. Quite a significant difference. Materials. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The pressure needed for a blade to cut thru a copolymer wire is measured in grams. Id like to make it happen with my bow and currently debating switching up broadheads for better penetration. We added the bleeder blade to unzip a larger wound channel for easy blood tracking. Depth of penetration is compared to a standard of 9\" \u0026 weighted to 9% of the score. If you're using a heavy-ish setup on a fast bow and are looking for sheer bone-splitting power. I have had a few once-in-a-lifetime tags, and not capitalizing on these hunts was something I did not want to stomach. So now I am gauging Flight Forgiveness. F.I.T.A, N.A.A., Collegiate Archery, And J.O.A.D. I cant speak on the Iron Wills but Im confident with the Exodus. Solid blade for a quiet flight and unwavering strength. The steel and treat are designed around a Broadheads needs. # of layers penetrated is compared to a standard of 70 layers \u0026 weighted to 9% of the score. The blades, not so much. You can see the grown in fixed blade broadhead where the SAD FACE NOSE would be in the picture above. This is a Broadhead Battle of the Iron Will Solid 100 gr Double Bevel vs Single Bevel. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, performance, troubleshooting, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Ive taken a few animals with the Exodus. Happy Hunting! 4. From bighorn sheep, to mountain goat, to moose and everything in between, I have killed some amazing trophies using Iron Will broadheads. Iron wills are awesome and I love them. Day Six XLs here. Quick View. This means once you make a shot and hit your target, as they try to escape, the Iron Will Broadheads sharp edges will be cutting through and piercing even deeper. I really couldnt tell any difference in the three after this first test. I had one pass through a block and hit a threaded pipe destroying the blade. It manages to maintain sharp edges regardless of the number of tough impacts it makes. And, I hadnt touched them up after the half inch plywood, but they all help up really well and still bit into my nail. Im sure theyre a great head though. If you are going to spend money on premium heads I think the decision to go with iron will isn't even a question. Dependable. S30v doesnt rust and they are very easy to resharpen. AFFLICTOR: LUSK10 saves 10%Tooth of the Arrow: LUSK19 saves 15%DEAD X BOWHUNTING Big Game Broadheads: LUSKFIVE saves $5 per pack.Crimson Talon: LUSK15 saves 15%.VECTOR CUSTOM SHOP: LUSK gives Free Shipping You reach us by our contact form on the page contact us. IRON WILL BROADHEAD BATTLE: 100 Gr Solid Double Bevel vs Single Bevel--2 of the Best in 2022. Now slide in the screw and using the T6 Torx Driver, then fasten the blades into place firmly. The blades went in about halfway. This Iron Will s150 closes the cheaper S seriess bracket with the qualities that you will love and appreciate. But, structurally, its in great shape. | Patents Pending. Because of the blade angle, you can easily sharpen two blades at a time by laying the Holy Trinity down flat on the sharpening surface. The one thing I am concerned about, and I have heard some guys complain about, is the full blade version can impact the shaft and ruin your arrow, just below the insert, on shots that hit bone, dirt, etc. Resharpen these broadheads for reliability hunt after hunt. It is a touch of class coupled with top-notch quality that you cannot regret investing in. Cant wait to use them! I don't love the idea of sharpening a curved blade as much - the straight cutting edges on the IW make it super easy to re-apply the edge. Afflictor produces fixed broadheads, hybrid broadheads and mechanical broadheads. Unreal penetration, massive blood loss. only two things in archery i've ever commented on "noise".Nap quick spin vanes and slick trick grizz tricks. And, the extra support structure give the Holy Trinity a triangular wedge-like feature in between the blades! Now slide the main blade downwards into the slot until the hole and the main blade align into the center. HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL IN THE VIDEO IN A CONTROLLED SETTING, 150 Grain Proprietary Bridgeport 41L40 Holy Trinity. For those who aren't merely content listening to hunting stories, but instead choose to boldly create their own adventures. The 0.062 inches thickness makes the blade strong and well-fitting in the heavy-duty category to give you the maximum penetration in every shot you make. Now after disassembling the whole pack, get your carbide broadhead and knife sharpener. (68 layers=8.74 pts each) Angled Penetration Test: How effectively does the head penetrate 1/4\" MDF covered by carpet at a 45 degree angle. Looking at buying my first bow. Iron Will broadheads are $99 for 3 and I think they are well worth it. 3 Pack $74.95 Hunor Atilla Broadhead $59.95 Kayuga Pilot Cut Broadheads 125gr 6 Pack $80.00 Kayuga Broadheads 125gr 6 Pack I dont know if you can see it, but they are marred beyond re-sharpening. Bow is set at #70, the arrow carries some momentum but is a little slower than others on this forum may like. Also, a bow is louder to the shooter than someone standing away from it. They all still bit into my fingernail. Let us have a look at these six broadheads from the Iron Will family. So, after shooting the Muzzy Trocar through the 22-gauge metal plate, this is what I ended up with. Thet tip is a little less sharp than it was at the beginning, as are the blades. Redeemed myself for the wonky headshot on Sunday. Bearing the same qualities of the standard Iron Will Broadhead, s125 is for you to buy if you are looking for a heavier broadhead. (To see how all three of those Bishop heads came through this test pretty much unmarred is pretty impressive). Purchase the Deep Six variant if you plan to use them with Deep Six HIT Inserts in micro 4mm shafts. Heard nothing but good things about them. 600 Grain Proprietary Bishop S7 Scientific Method DG. Pigs are pretty tough animals and i got a complete pass through last week on a medium size sow at 30yds with 400gr arrow @ 265 fps using the Exodus.